Friday, October 23, 2009

Glogster... after I got over the frustration, it was a lot of fun!

Oh, Glogster! What a day we have had- first I liked you, then I abhorred you, now I love you.

My first go-round with Glogster ended in utter frustration as my browser closed on me before I had saved my Glog (and I was nearly finished with it). I was, shall we say, TOTALLY ANGRY. I took a little break and then got back on the Glogster horse. I take it as a blessing that my first attempt at Glogging (is that the proper verb?) was a failure, becuase I will be honest, it stunk. With a clear mind and experience behind me, I really enjoyed making Glog number 2 (which I saved about every 5 minutes). I took more time to find even better resources to include on the page and discovered that I could have made a hundred pages on my topic (which is why this one is jam packed). In the process I found some great resources that I will probably use in my classroom someday. So, while I feel that Glogster toyed with my emotions and technological savvy all afternoon, in the end I learned a lot and I am proud of what I created. I hope you enjoy it, too. 
http://angiestg.edu.glogster.com/Remembering-the-Nazi-Concentration-Camps/


7 comments:

  1. The glogster is terrific it includes a variety of sources pertaining to the concentration camps and the videos are amazing. Students would definitely enjoy making glogsters and learning about historical events such as the Holocaust because the information is concise and straight forward. I especially like the pictures, it gave a sense of clarity and allows students to visualize the actual concentration camps and view videos of actual soldier; oral history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome Glog, Angie!! All the trouble you went through was definitely worth it (easy for me to say lol) because this Glog is GREAT! I really like how you included survivor testimonies; they really make your blog personal and show the pain that concentration camps inflicted on people. I went to Dachau, too, over Thanksgiving break 2007 and you did an excellent job of capturing the "horribleness" of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your glog! It's really informative, and organized well. Everything is really clear and easy to read. I love that you used photos you took yourself, too. I also went to Dachau and thought it was a really great experience, though very heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, yours is very elaborate. it's good that you picked something with lots of data. I decided to do mine on Socrates and it was difficult locating good resources (especially videos). For some reason, I had a lot of trouble uploading my own audio so I used a mini lecture on Socrates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This videos you posted were very moving and provide powerful testimony. The tour of the camp was very interesting as well. This glog provides a great starting point for a student learning about concentration camps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand your frustration...it happened to me too! But despite your problems, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of photo gallery and first hand accounts. You also have a diverse collection of images including portrait, landscape, and maps. Nicely done.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete